Coeliac New Zealand Incorporated
Coeliac New Zealand Incorporated is a not-for-profit organisation that formed as an incorporated society in 1973 to promote the welfare of children and adults who have been medically diagnosed with coeliac disease and dermatitis herpetiformis. We are a registered charity listed with the New Zealand Charities Commission.
OUR VISION: People with coeliac disease are diagnosed quickly, live healthy lives and have the prospect of a cure.
OUR MISSION: Engage with Coeliac NZ members and stakeholders to support and improve the health and welfare of people with coeliac disease.
Our objectives are to:
- Support, advise, educate and assist people who have been diagnosed with coeliac disease, dermatitis herpetiformis, and persons who on medical advice are required to follow a gluten free diet;
- Work closely with health professionals and health organisations on matters crucial to the well being of members and the organisation;
- Improve awareness and understanding in the community and amongst health professionals so as to minimise the effects of this serious, potentially life threatening, condition if undiagnosed;
- Minimise the social implications and stigma caused by having coeliac disease and/or dermatitis herpetiformis;
- Promote improvement in the quality and supply of gluten free food and products with manufacturers;
- Maintain and grow the financial stability of the organisation for the benefit of the members.
The committee works with gastroenterologists, doctors, researchers and dietitians to keep up with the latest developments, research and information on
Charities Commission registration number: CC27810