This is a brief list of grocers and supermarkets that sell gluten free products. Please note that there will be other places that offer gluten free products, this is just a list of those places known to CNZ and recommended by CNZ members.
Bay of Plenty
- Gluten and Allergy Free Shop Tauranga
- Fresh Choice Richmond - Nelson
- New World Supermarkets - generally have a good range of different GF products, depending on the store.
- Countdown Supermarkets - Countdown have their own 'Free from Gluten' range, plus a range of other GF products, but the number will depend on the size of the store itself
- Many health stores throughout the country
- Bin Inn - throughout the country (ask first - cross-contamination is possible if best practice is not adhered to)
- And of course, fresh fruit and vegetable shops anywhere!!
My Food Bag now offer a gluten-free bag, which is recommended by Coeliac New Zealand. My Food Bag is a service which provides fresh food, ingredients and inspirational recipes for 5 gluten free dinners per week. My Food Bag have worked with Coeliac New Zealand to ensure their products and suppliers meet stringent codes of practice that mean you can enjoy the meals, knowing they are safe for people with coeliac disease. For more information on the service and their codes of practice you can download the information sheet here.
- Cornucopia Carterton - great range of gluten free and allergy friendly foods at reasonable prices.
- Gluten Free Store - great range of baking mixes and flours.
- Naturally Organic
- Countdown Supermarkets
If you have a recommendation for a good gluten free store that is not on this list, please let us know.