Coeliac NZ is a small organisation which relies heavily on the wonderful volunteers who give up their time to support people living with coeliac disease.
Coeliac NZ is the only charity supporting kiwis with coeliac disease. Coeliac NZ is your charity.
Examples of how you can volunteer include:
- Become an Area Coordinator (or assist a regional team) and run support groups, kids clubs, activities, events and fundraisers in your area
- Share your experience and knowledge with a newly diagnosed member as a Member Buddy.
- Answer enquiries made to our Helpline
- Provide Administrative Support in our Auckland Head Office or to your local Area Coordinator
- Help out with CNZ Events & Campaigns
- Volunteer to be available for research or surveys aimed to collate information to assist with CD and GF living.
- Join the CNZ Executive Committee (nominations considered at each AGM)
- Volunteer your story or write articles for our quarterly Coeliac Link magazine or to feature on our website
Below are a couple of stories from our current Area Coordinator Volunteers:
Julienne Law - Northland
|I'm a very experienced New Zealand and International teacher. When I returned from teaching at TISA international school in Baku, Azerbaijan, I thought I had picked up some parasites but was diagnosed with coeliac disease and told that I had been born with the disease which explained some very disruptive problems over the years. Read more...||A day visit to a nearby beach, fish and chip meals, surprise desserts and DIY craft sessions are just some of the events the Bay of Plenty Kids Club Coordinator, Louisa Roe, organises. Louisa joined CNZ and started the Kids Club after both of her twins were diagnosed within 3 months of each other at nearly 6 years old. Read more...|